CATsNIP (Cats Altered Through Spay Neuter Island Program) is WAIF’s Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program that helps reduce the feral and free-roaming cat population on Whidbey Island. With a grant from Petco and generous donations from the community, WAIF is able to provide FREE spay/neuter surgeries once a month for feral and free-roaming cats humanely trapped in WAIF Tomahawk traps. Appointments are required to schedule spay/neuter surgeries. Surgeries take place at WAIF’s Spay/Neuter Clinic, located at 60 Rhododendron Park Road, Coupeville.
You can use WAIF Tomahawk traps with a $40 refundable cash deposit. If you have your own trap, WAIF must preapprove the use of your trap prior to scheduling surgery.
2020 Dates (Subject to change):
• February 22nd (fourth Saturday)
• March 21st (fourth Saturday)
• April 25th (fourth Saturday)
• May 16th (third Saturday)
• June 27th (fourth Saturday)
• July 25th (fourth Saturday)
• August 22nd (fourth Saturday)
• September 26th (fourth Saturday)
• October 24th (fourth Saturday)
• November 21th (third Saturday)
• December 19th (third Saturday)
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call WAIF’s front desk at (360) 678-8900 ext. 1100.